There's often a lot of confusion when it comes to probiotics. Are they good for you? Are they not? Should you be taking them as part of your lifestyle? So many questions and it all just gets a bit much.
But that's why we're here!
So, we've done a little bit of research into all things probiotic to show just how beneficial they are to our gut, our health and our wellbeing.
Here's 5 reasons why probiotics should be making their way into our life:
- A recent study found that regularly taking probiotics as part of a healthy lifestyle can help to improve some cases of mental health conditions including depression, anxiety, stress and a host of others.
- Helps to lower the levels of bad cholesterol in our body and helps protect our heart and keep it healthy - ultimately preventing heart attacks and heart disease and lowering that all important blood pressure.
- Proven to boost our immune system and fight off those unwanted colds, flu and other infections. This means that we don't have to keep reaching for those antibiotics that not only kill the bad bacteria in our gut, but the good stuff too - not ideal when you're trying to fight off those pesky colds!
- Balances both the good and the bad bacteria found in our body that ultimately restores the natural balance of gut bacteria and promotes a healthier immune system.
- Can help lead to weight loss and reduced belly fat. Yep, you read that right! In some instances, probiotics have been known to prevent the body from absorbing and storing dietary fat as well as keeping us fuller for longer and reducing our appetite.
So now you know. Probiotics are essential to maintaining a healthy gut and healthy lifestyle. And we have a range of probiotic supplements, from chewable to tablet form, to help you on your way.
We'd love to hear how you're getting on and if you notice an improvement after introducing these natural remedies into your lifestyle...you can share your stories with us on any of our social channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.